Template:Infobox person Michelle Thaller (born c. 1970 in Waukesha, Wisconsin) is an American astronomer and research scientist. Thaller is the assistant director for Science Communication at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.
From 1998 to 2009 she was a staff scientist at the Infrared Processing and Analysis Center, and later Manager of the Education and Public Outreach program for the Spitzer Space Telescope, at the California Institute of Technology.
A native of Wisconsin, Thaller graduated from Waukesha South High School in 1988. She attended Harvard University where she majored in astrophysics and worked on precision measurement of binary stars, receiving a Bachelor's degree in 1992. At Georgia State University Thaller worked on colliding winds in close massive binary systems. She received a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in 1998.
Thaller is a regular contributor to the online edition of the Christian Science Monitor, for which she writes a monthly science column, and has appeared on the History Channel show, The Universe. She appears in the Science Channel show, How the Universe Works. Thaller also contributed to and appeared in the award-winning video podcast series IRrelevant Astronomy.
Thaller is married to Sigma Space Optical Engineer Andrew Booth and lives in Maryland. During her years in Pasadena, California she was a regular participant in the summer Santa Barbara Renaissance Faire.
- ↑ "Sciences and Exploration Directorate - NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center". Goddard Space Flight Center. http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed_dev/organization/index.html. Retrieved 2009-12-15.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "SIRTF Profiles: Dr. Michelle Thaller - Manager of the SIRTF Education and Public Outreach Program". Spitzer Science Center. Archived from the original on July 13, 2007. https://web.archive.org/20070713092219/http://www.spitzer.caltech.edu/features/P_MichelleThaller.shtml. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "About Us". Cool Cosmos. http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu//about_us.html. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- ↑ "Wall of Fame". Waukesha South HS. http://www.waukeshasouth.com/WallOfFame/profile.asp?id=16. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "NASA Biography - Michelle Thaller". NASA. http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=people.jumpBio&&iphonebookid=21840. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- ↑ "Michelle Thaller". facebook. https://www.facebook.com/facebook.com/michelle.thaller. Retrieved 2013-12-21.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|