Template:Infobox spaceflight SPACEWAY-3 is a communications satellite which, as of August 2007, is undergoing on-orbit testing after its successful launch. The third satellite in the SPACEWAY series, it includes a Ka-band communications payload. After testing it will be used by Hughes Network Systems to provide broadband Internet Protocol network service.
SPACEWAY-3 was launched August 14, 2007 on an Ariane 5 launch vehicle. It lifted off at 23:44 GMT from Ariane Launch Complex 3 of the Guiana Space Centre. Five hours and 46 minutes later, signals from the spacecraft were successfully received at a ground station in Hartebeesthoek, South Africa.
In March 2007, shortly after the failure of a Sea Launch rocket launch in January, Hughes Network Systems switched launch of SPACEWAY-3 from a Sea Launch Zenit 3SL rocket to an Ariane 5 launch vehicle.
- ↑ "Launch Kit" (PDF). Arianespace. March 14, 2007. http://www.arianespace.com/site/news/kit/SPACEWAY3_BSAT3a_GB.pdf.
- ↑ "Arianespace boosts SPACEWAY 3 and BSAT-3a into orbit". Arianespace. http://www.arianespace.com/site/news/releases/presrel07_08_14.html.
- ↑ "Boeing-Built Spaceway 3 Satellite Operational after Successful Launch". Boeing Integrated Defense Systems. http://www.boeing.com/ids/news/2007/q3/070815a_nr.html.
- ↑ "Hughes Signs Contract with Arianespace to Launch SPACEWAY 3". Hughes. March 1, 2007. http://www.hughes.com/HUGHES/Doc/0/9CBP91UN8SDKN4FT1I7FT0LQ7A/03-01-07_Hughes_Signs_Contract_with_Arianespace_to_Launch_SPACEWAY_3.htm.
- ↑ "Hughes Network Systems Awards SPACEWAY 3 Launch Contract to Sea Launch Company". Hughes. December 8, 2005. http://www.hns.com/HUGHES/Doc/0/O2TAOM5J20B4JD6PA9MMR5GS0B/12-08-05_HNS_SPACEWAY_Sea_Launch_award.htm.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|